Saturday, January 31, 2009

Weekend Update

My budget is already out of whack for the month of February.

First of all, my hair dryer died so I needed to buy a new one. That was the least of my worries, though. I did my taxes Friday night, and I owe the state $901. I am not pleased! However, my parents are graciously giving me a gift of $901 to send in to cover it. Bullet dodged. I didn't ask them for the money--they offered of their own accord. I am only getting $89 back from the feds, but it beats having to pay them.

Second, those pesky overdraft fees did hit--to the tune of $105. I called my bank, only to speak with the most unhelpful customer service person ever. However, when I went to visit my branch in the afternoon, and talked to my personal banker, she did everything she could to listen to me and e-mailed her supervisor to see about getting some of those fees refunded. Hopefully, that will happen--if not, it's a stupid tax on my part. I really like my bank, so I'll be disappointed if this can't be fixed (even partially).

I explained to my personal banker about wanting to pay off my credit card, and she said that the bank has a credit card with 0% interest for 6 months and then 9.99% after that. It's a way better rate then what I have now, so I applied for the card and will be moving that balance over. Then at least all monies I pay go to the principal.

Finally...she told me that my credit score is 717!!! This is absolutely wonderful, even though I no longer believe in using credit. It will still help me in a few years when I'm ready to get a house. Now...remember, I'm 24 years old so that is an extremely high score for my age. =)

Today I'm on a mission to find a part time job. I'm hoping to either be a server in a restaurant, or to cocktail waitress at a bar or lounge. My good friend Y is coming with me because she's looking for a side gig as well. It would be nice to work somewhere with a friend!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the job search... and getting the bank fees dropped. At least, you'll pay less interest for a while with the new card. That will help a little.

    ReplyDelete