Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Moment of Thanks

After hearing about yesterday's 71,400 job cuts, I just want to take a minute to post how thankful I am that I have a great job that I absolutely love, that is very secure. Although I'm not on a continuing contract (also known as tenure), I will get that after I teach in my building for 3 more years. So I know it's coming.

I have not heard any rumors about positions being cut where I work currently--in fact, they're always hiring new teachers each year. They are also building a new middle school right now.

So, I feel pretty safe. And I am incredibly thankful and blessed that I was able to find my job. I hope that all those people who were laid off will be able to make it through these tough times and be able to support themselves and their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment