Sunday, January 18, 2009

No More Mail

A few days ago, I sent a "secure message" to Discover Card online. They are constantly sending me those pesky cash advance checks and related service ads that they want me to enroll in. I'm sick of the extra paper mail and wasting time shredding it all and throwing it in the trash.

Today I got my response:
Thank you for your recent inquiry about the volume of solicitations you receive. I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you today!

Although your request will be processed immediately, we ask that you allow a reasonable amount of time for the check and solicitation mailings to stop. This is because marketing campaigns may have begun prior to your request.

Please be assured that Discover Financial Services, LLC., does not hold Cardmembers responsible for any unauthorized charges made with these checks.

I appreciate your business and the opportunity to be of service. Thank you for choosing to use Discover Card.

Sincerely,

Natalia

DISCOVER, CASHBACK BONUS and the other trademarks, logos and service marks used in this e-mail are the trademarks of Discover Financial Services or their respective third-party owners
I am really glad I took the time to do this. Hopefully, all that annoying snail mail will stop coming in from them now!

I also finally switched to online-only statements from my bank. I always view them online and I never open the paper ones they mail me. So that should reduce extra mail too!

Little things like these help me keep fighting the debt fight. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment