Saturday, February 7, 2009

February Update.

Sorry for my lack of posts lately! My week has been somewhat chaotic, which I am about to explain.

First of all, C left for some Army training on Wednesday. He'll be back on February 19th, so I've been catching up on things like cleaning my apartment that are somewhat neglected while he's here. Haha. I do miss him though. =)

Secondly, during the week, I accepted the position as the girls soccer head coach at my school. It happened really fast, but this is going to be really good for me. I'm halting my martial arts lessons for a few months so that I can save more money, so now I have time for coaching. An added bonus is that at the end of the season, I get paid $500! So between no martial arts lessons and the $500 I'll make from this, I should have another $800 in savings by June. At the minimum! So, the coaching position has solved my second job dilemma for the time being. When the season ends, I can look for something to fill in the summer months with.

In addition to all that, I will be transferring my Discover Card balance to a 0% for six months card from my bank. That should allow me to put a huge dent in paying it off since all payments will go on the principal.

I wish my budget wasn't so out of whack this month. I probably won't be able to save much, if anything. But I'm still thankful that I won't need to add any *new* debt (except for maybe that pesky dentist appointment that's at the end of the month...sigh).

How is everyone doing for the month of February?

P.S. I also updated my sidebar at the left with the total amounts I owe. ;)

2 comments:

  1. You've got to think though, even though the month has not gone for you the way you had hoped, you still have a plan and from the looks of things, have taken a huge chunk out of your debt.

    Congrats on the coaching position, I know you've got to be excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coaching can be a lot of fun. I've done it before, but never got paid for it. That would really be icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete