Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

I am going to try to update a couple times a week from now on. Soccer tryouts started this past week, so I've had some long days at my school. ;)

My federal tax refund went into my checking account last night, so I moved it right over to savings. I am so close to having $1,000 saved for summer! My next payday is in two weeks, so I'm going to move another $250 over at that time.

I'm waiting on news ab0ut my 0% balance transfer through my bank. It was a big hassle to find out what my Discover Card account number was, because I got rid of the card a long time ago and they refuse to give out account numbers over the phone. They sent a new one "overnight" which I never got, so I called back and they wound up closing my account so they could tell me what it was. I then called my banker and left her a voice mail with the information, but she has yet to call me back. Too bad Monday is a bank holiday too (for President's Day). I'll have to call on Tuesday and follow up with all this. I'm sick of paying $30/month in finance charges.

At the rate I'm going, I should have plenty in the bank for summer--especially at the end of the season, when I get paid for coaching and also in May when my supplemental bonus comes. Then anything from working over the summer can go straight onto debt.

Like they say, slow but steady wins the race. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment