Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Balance Transfer

After much runaround, I will be able to transfer my Discover Card balance over to another card offered by my bank. I will get 0% for 6 months on it, after which my rate will be 9.99%. I really would like to pay off the card in the next 6 months--it's going to be hard, but I will feel so free when it's all done!

Basically, my personal banker suggested this, but we couldn't do it right away because I didn't know the account number. I had cut up the card forever ago, and they wouldn't give it out over the phone. They promised to overnight me a new card, which I never got, so I called back to complain. Finally they admitted they could close the account and then give me the account number so they did that for me. I called my banker and left her a voicemail with all the information. Last night she finally called back and said that the transfer should go through soon.

At the least, all my payments will go straight to principle for the next six months. This will help immensely.

I can't wait to lose all this credit card debt so I can attack the car payment!!!

C gets back from his Army course tomorrow. The past 2 weeks really flew considering he wasn't around. We're going to make up for missing Valentine's Day this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment